Are you living the best designed life for YOU?
Sometimes there is a vast difference between the life we (or others) think we ‘should’ have and the life that we were best designed to live. One of the things I reflect on when working with many of the adult clients I see with depression, anxiety, stress and relationship strain is that so many of these issues could be avoided if people were clearer about who they were, what they wanted and how to go about it.
Sadly, most of us were never invited as young people to think about the kind of person we wanted to be, what kind of mark we might like to make on the world, what kind of partner might help us to grow or what our strengths are. This wouldn’t be a big problem if we had lives which allowed us time to adjust our course as we discovered these things. The reality is, however, that most of us have incredibly busy and stress-fuelled lives which don’t leave us much opportunity to stop and reflect on whether this life course or that is going to work for us.
Life builds up its own momentum and we just get swept along.
- Getting deeply in touch with your values (the things that are important to YOU) and finding that you feel more assertive, more directed and more confident in your decisions.
- Becoming clearer on what is important so that you are freed up from the self-sabotage that may have been holding you back from taking proper care of yourself, for example, losing that weight, going after that dream job or giving yourself permission to prioritise your own needs.
- Discovering and leveraging off your strengths instead of always trying to overcome your weaknesses.
- Learning how to manage your stress more effectively so that you can do the same amount of work but still have something left over at the end of the day for yourself or your family.
- Imagine bringing joy back into your life because you are experiencing the flow that comes when you begin living the life you were designed for.
Life coaching is a growing field of intervention where the goal is to assist you in becoming clearer about what you want and help you to discover the best ways to get it. It aims to assist you in overcoming any internal and external sabotage holding you back so that you are able to create a more fulfilling and nourishing path through life. When we live authentic lives that are a good fit for us we experience less life ‘friction’, think more positively and experience less stress. We are also more likely to attract partners who share our values, teach us new things and help us to grow.
All practitioners work differently, but life coaching for me is about helping my clients to develop authenticity and congruence. Authenticity as in learning how to be true to and satisfied with who you are and congruent as in finding the life that fits your unique personality best.
By getting to know yourself inside and out you can forge a life path that is under your direction, clearly articulated and results in developing a life that you love.
Life Coaching and therapy in general is the gift that keeps on giving because the understanding, once obtained, can serve you for the rest of your life.
My Life Coaching clients come from diverse backgrounds – young adults, mum’s with children, highly successful career men and women and retirees. We discuss matters which include achieving dreams of health and wellbeing, finding the right relationship, being the best parent you can be, getting that dream job or adjusting to retirement.
It has been my privilege to assist clients to become more aware of the areas of stuckness in their lives and help free them up to explore richer and more congruent ways of living.
If this is your one shot at life, why spend it assuming that the best version of it will come to you? Don’t wait until you are desperately stuck to ask for help. Take some time out to get to know yourself and DESIGN THE BEST VERSION OF YOUR LIFE with me!